What is the most effective new treatment for depression? Depression has been called the common cold of psychiatric illness. It is a serious illness that needs to be cured and requires treatment. Studies show that more women get depressed than men. People who have major depression may sleep too much or suffer from insomnia. They feel hopeless, sad, irritable, anxious, empty, restless, helpless, hopeless, guilty, and despair.
Suffering from depression can be very disastrous and painful experience. This is an illness that does not easily go away. Millions of people have been affected by depression and anxiety every year. Depression treatment is marked by the many antidepressants products and drugs and medication that can be purchased in the market. Below are the lists of the few treatments which are fairly new:
- TMS or Transcranial Magnet Stimulation involves in placing depression magnets on a specific part of the head where it is thought that depressive symptoms occur. This treatment is carried out for forty minutes, five times a week for about five weeks. This is an inexpensive treatment.
- Agomelatine a new medication for treat of Major Depressive Episodes. It produces good sleep patterns and regular body cycle. It is thought to have fewer side effects and also less addictive.
- Duluxetine belongs to the class of medicine called selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors which are two substances that occur normally in the brains. Its main side effect is nausea.
- Nicotinic compounds the big appeal of this is that they produced fewer effects than those drugs prescribed at present. However, this new range of treatment has not yet gone any clinical trials, so it will take some years before they become available.
- Pacemaker although originally it is used to treat epilepsy, it has been found to work well with the part of the brain that regulates mood. This antidepressant pacemaker is implanted in the chest.
- Deep Brain Stimulation involves tiny electrodes being implanted each side of the brain. These then connected to a pacemaker which is implanted beneath the collarbone. The intensity is controlled by a doctor. Three or four volts of electricity is emitted during a procedure.
|1||LES Labs Cortisol Health, Natural Supplement for Adrenal Support, Stress Relief & Balanced Cortisol...||2,132 Reviews||$29.99|
|2||Treatment Plans and Interventions for Depression and Anxiety Disorders, 2e (Treatment Plans and...||25 Reviews||$67.05|
|3||Sivan Health and FitnessAcupressure Mat and Pillow Set for Lower, Upper, Mid, Chronic Back Pain...||237 Reviews||$29.99|
However this treatment for anxiety and depression may have serious side effects and the effect in your body in the long term has not studied yet. Try to consider the alternative remedies like:
- Acupuncture and be amazed what a needle can do for you.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: exercise stimulates the brain to release happy hormones.
- Meditation and breathtaking exercise: breathing exercise helps the heart to function well.
- Light therapy: people with anxiety and depression are conditioned to be sunny and happy.
- Dietary supplements: dietby itself is not enough as an effective new treatment for depression. You need supplements of vitamins like vitamin B12, magnesium, zinc and serotin in tablet or capsule forms.
Depressed people may need or find help from other people like their friends to get them cured. Defeating depression is nothing short of winning your life back. Remember that just because one approach for someone else works does not mean it will work for you. But don’t give up. If you cannot fight for yourself, who else will?