What are the signs of depression and their types?
Sadness is a normal reaction to life’s struggle, setbacks, and disappointments. Everyone feels down at some point of their lives. It is natural to be depressed for a while but when emptiness and despair take hold and won’t go away, it may be depression. Depression is much more just sadness. It is a psychiatric disorder characterized by the inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helpless and hopeless, and sometimes, thoughts of death.
|1||Biofeedback for the Brain: How Neurotherapy Effectively Treats Depression, ADHD, Autism, and More||14 Reviews||$24.65|
|2||The Vitamin Cure for Depression: How to Prevent and Treat Depression Using Nutrition and Vitamin...||27 Reviews|
|3||Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: The Ultimate Guide to Using ACT to Treat Stress, Anxiety,...||1 Reviews|
|4||Home Remedies to Treat Depression||3 Reviews|
Depression is more than just beyond blue, thus making it tough for one person to function and enjoy life like he once did. It is a state or condition that is being provoked by some situation and events in life. Hobbies and friends won’t interest you like they used to and you’re exhausted all the time. Some people describe depression as “living in a black hole”. It is one of the most disturbing problems any person can face. Most depressions can lead to anxiety and even death.
These are the major signs of depression and their physical symptoms which can help you indentify if you are suspecting someone suffering from depression:
1. Difficulty in sleeping. When you are depressed, you tend to over think your worries and problems which will interrupt your sleep. This is because of the continuous thoughts bothering you when you are asleep.
2. Becoming emotional with particular reason. A person may become angry or sad without knowing the real reason behind it. This irritability signs usually leads to depression.
3. Severe worrying with upsetting thoughts. A person who is suffering from depression may seem so disturbed emotionally and physically. Worries may be pile up and even upsetting thoughts may be revealed.
|1||Interpersonal Reconstructive Therapy for Anger, Anxiety, and Depression: It's About Broken Hearts,...||1 Reviews||$55.14|
|2||NorthStar 10,000 LUX - SAD Light Therapy Box - Brightest Seasonal Depression Lamp||103 Reviews||$299.77|
|3||Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide||84 Reviews|
Depression is an alarming condition that needs immediate help. Medical experts classify depression in various types depending on the severity of the problem. Here are list of different types of depressions:
- Atypical Depression. The sufferers sometimes is able to experience happiness and moments of elation and believe that outside events control their moods. Symptoms are fatigue, over sleeping, over eating and weight gain.
- Psychotic Depression. Sufferers tend to hallucinates- seeing imaginary things and visuals, hearing sounds and voices that do not exist.
- Dysthymia. This is a condition that people are not aware of but they go through life feeling unimportant, dissatisfied, frightened and simply do not enjoy their life but still live their daily lives.
- Manic Depression. It can be defined as emotional disorder characterized by changing mood shifts from depression to mania which can quite be rapid. This one usually leads to suicide.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder. This particular kind of depression is a result of having less sunlight during winter times which affects their moods.
- Postpartum Depression. This usually occurred within one year of childbirth. This is also known as postnatal depression that tends to affect women.
Depression can now be treated even if detected at any stage. Treatment differs depending on the types of depression a person undergo. The best thing to do is find first the signs and symptoms before you take any action.