There are so many light lamp products on the market now, how on earth do you choose the right one? The range in price from $30 right through to $300. So how do you know what you need so you can meet those needs with the right product?
This Carex lamp is known as a Carex Day-Light Sky Bright Light Therapy Lamp. it is 10,000 Lux which is the recommended strength for daily use.
If you are not sure what Lux is or how much you need and why check out my article all about Lux and how much you need.
10,000 Lux is known as full spectrum light therapy and if you are suffering from depression, negative moods and thoughts, this is a good model for you.
So What Do I Like About This Lamp?
- Size of Lamp – This lamp is big enough to get the coverage you need. There are many smaller lamps on the market, but this model shines where you need it to.
- Solid Construction – many on the market are flimsy, don’t have firm stands and are not able to sit comfortably on a desktop without intervention on your part
- Able to be Adjusted – I love that this lamp has a head. Many are like tablets that cannot be adjusted in any way. This stand allows the top of the light to sit above you and you can adjust the tilt to a position that is right for you. The arm attaching the lamp part is also adjustable, resulting in a comfortable position no matter your height or what furniture you sit it on.
- 10,000 Lux – Many other models are less than 10,000 and so you need more frequent and longer sessions to get the same amount of light.
- Glare free and Flicker free. The light is evenly distributed and is glare and flicker free, unlike florescent fixtures.
- UV Filtered and Safe. The light box is made of Hi-impact polycarbonate and the lens filters 99.3% of harmful UV rays. This light therapy device meets the standards for safe sun lamp therapy and full spectrum light therapy
- My favourite feature: It has 2 Settings. One setting provides 10000 LUX of therapeutic glare-free white light while the one-light setting provides convenient glare-free task lighting making it the perfect sunlight therapy lamp for any situation.
- Pricing – This lamp is not the most expensive on the market and is not the least expensive. It is the least expensive for the quality that I have found and with the extra features like the 2 settings, it is good value for money at around $110.
Uses for the Carex Day-Light Sky Therapy Lamp
Different places in the world whose location means less daylight time can mean disrupted circadian rhythms, depression, SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and even skin conditions.
The diagram to the right shows those who are the most affected but even those in the mild areas have found a light therapy lamp to be beneficial to their health, particularly in the winter months.
What Conditions Can Benefit from this model?
- Poor sleepers
- Shift workers to help them adjust their sleeping back to a normal pattern
- Poor moods
- Mild to moderate depression
- Low energy
Exposure to the sunrise and sunlight is a key factor in synchronizing our bodies to the external world. When that gets disrupted through seasons or overcast and rainy weather that is constant, sometimes our bodies can struggle to be in sync.
How To Use Your Carex Day-Light Sky Lamp
Place your device above your line of sight, where possible, to maximize the light reaching your eyes. You should be facing the lamp with eyes open during sessions, but you do not need to look directly at the light.